Growing and global: DB Schenker Logistics has extensive service expertise as an integrated logistics services provider. Expert teams connect the modules of the entire service range to form complex value chains.
DB Schenker Logistics supports industry and trade in the global exchange of goods: in land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Roughly 64,200 employees at some 2,000 locations around the globe generated revenues totaling 15.389 billion euros in 2012.
The company specializes in global air and ocean freight solutions as well as all related logistics services. Integrated logistics centers at the world’s most important intersections where flows of goods converge create an effective link between all carriers and enable a wide range of value-added services. DB Schenker Logistics holds top positions in automotive, high-tech, consumer goods, trade fair forwarding, special transports and services for major sporting events.
Middle East & Africa Footprint
With the exciting opportunities present in the region, DB Schenker is well placed to meet the needs of our customers. Combining our own offices with the experience and local expertise of our partners, we are able to offer you complete solutions across the Middle East and into Africa. Our knowledge has grown since we planted our first office in the region over 50 years ago in South Africa and today we are continuing to expand with our latest joint venture in Abu Dhabi.
European Land Transport
With approximately 25,000 employees at 730 locations, DB Schenker Logistics is the number 1 in European land transport. The internal business unit connects the most important economic regions in some forty European countries with a network of about 32,000 regular scheduled services for general cargo per week. DB Schenker Logistics provides its customers time- and cost-optimized services for general cargo and partial and full loads. It also offers logistics chains with a strong rail component for the European and trans-continental market, combining the advantages of rail and truck transport. DB Schenker Logistics has a dense European network, allowing it to provide services from a single source according to uniformly high, certified quality standards – from Spain and Portugal to the Urals and from Finland to Sicily, Romania and Turkey.
With its market position as the number 2 in air freight and number 3 in ocean freight, DB Schenker Logistics is one of the world’s leading providers. It offers the full range of services in global air and ocean freight. It operates at 800 locations around the world with approximately 21,000 employees. DB Schenker runs around 1,000 charter flights a year, connecting hubs on all continents several times a week according to a flight schedule and with guaranteed capacities. One of the pioneers in the air freight industry, DB Schenker Logistics is now the leader in innovative air freight concepts.
In contract logistics, DB Schenker Logistics, with nearly 18.100 employees at almost 700 locations with warehouse space of more than 6 million squaremeters in over 50 countries on all continents, offers customized logistics solutions for industry and trade. DB SchenkerLogistics ranks sixth in the world in contract logistics.DB Schenker Logistics has developed a comprehensive portfolio of individual solutions for the Automotive, Consumer, Electronics, Industrial and Healthcare units. The range of services includes all stages in the value chain, from procurement and production to after-sales service. Our core competence is the planning and execution of complex global supply chains.
- Over 100,000 truck journeys: DB’s freight trains take the equivalent of over 100,000 truck journeys off the roads every day, thus avoiding 4.4 million metric tons of CO2 emissions annually.
- 11,000 kilometers: The longest rail route traveled by DB. Automotive parts are shipped along this corridor connecting Leipzig, Germany, and Shenyang in Northeast China on behalf of BMW.
- 4,000 metric tons: The weight of the heaviest freight trains. These trains transport iron ore from ports on the North Sea to steel mills in Germany.
- Six million automobiles: DB Schenker’s contract logistics specialists collaborate on the production of six million automobiles each year. Over 3,300 automobiles are shipped daily on ocean-going vessels.
- 6 million square meters: the area of state-of-the art logistics facilities operated by DB Schenker worldwide.
- 64.4 million metric tons: the approximate amount of steel transported by DB Schenker Rail Deutschland in 2011.
- 250 trains with finished vehicles and supplier parts travel through Europe daily. The automotive experts at DB Schenker see to it that three million vehicles are delivered by rail each year.
- 32,000 regular scheduled services per week are offered by DB Schenker Land Transport. The network of scheduled transports links Europe’s most important economic regions.
- With 1,200 of its own charter flights each year, DB Schenker Air Freight offers its customers sufficient capacity for the fast global exchange of goods.
The Regional Head Office in Dubai is responsible for countries in the Middle East and Africa: Bahrain, Burundi, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Southern Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, Uganda, Yemen, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Local presence in UAE as follows: Dubai: Abu Dhabi: Regional Head Office find contact details below
7th Floor, Office 705
Al Masood Tower, Airport Road
P.O. Box 62532
Phone +971 4 2956111
Schenker Logistics LLC
Mez-2, Al Saman Tower, Hamdan Street
P.O. Box: 44256
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone +971 2 627 7333
Schenker Middle East FZE
Local presence in UAE as follows:
Regional Head Office
find contact details below