It’s our pleasure to announce the Austrian Business Council Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, 3rd June 2015 at the Conrad Hotel in Dubai.
The main purpose of the evening is to review the progress of the ABC and to elect the executive committee for the next 2 years.
The meeting is only open to members of the Austrian Business Council and we are delighted to invite you and your spouse to this special event to thank you for your continued support. Without you, the Austrian Business Council (ABC) would not be able to operate.
Program of the ABC review:
1. Welcome & report of the Chairman Mr. Werner Baumgartner
2. Report by Secretary General Mr. Richard Bandera
3. Approval of accounts by the appointed auditor Mr. Carsten Weisner
4. Election/Confirmation of the Executive Committee
5. Overview membership
An additional feature will be a slide presentation on “IRAQ 1980-1985, ein Ritt über den Bodensee” by Mr. Klaus Eidelpes who will share his experience on his first job as a young engineer in a fascinating country.
Date: Wednesday, 3rd June 2015
Time: 19:00 hrs AGM Meeting, followed by a complimentary Buffet Dinner at 20:30 hrs
Venue: Conrad Hotel, location map
If you have any points that you would like to bring to the attention of the Board for discussion at the meeting, kindly forward the same 2 weeks before the meeting on the 20th of May 2015. The final program will be shared with you 1 week prior to the meeting.
All members who are entitled to vote can nominate themselves for election to the executive committee and submit a current CV. The executive committee shall be composed of nine elected numbers including the chairman and the vice chairman.
Requirements to become an executive committee member are:
- Any full subscribing member of the ABC is eligible for the election to the executive committee.
- The Chairman of the Council shall be Austrian passport holder.
- A majority of the executive committee shall be Austrian passport holders.
- The members of the executive committee shall be elected for a period of 2 years. They can be reelected for another 2 years term.
Should you wish to stand for election, kindly note down in four sentences your foreseen contributions and expectations to the Austrian Business Council as well as the Austrian Business Community in the UAE.
Furthermore, please highlight the facts on how your company or your business is related to Austria. Kindly indicate/suggest further ideas on how to expand and improve the ABC services for the Board to implement the same in the near future. We are looking forward to receiving your input and application by the 14th of May.
Please confirm your attendance to the AGM here latest by Thursday, 28th May 2015.
If you are unable to attend, please be aware, that you can vote by e-mail or nominate a proxy. The proxy must be a member of the ABC and shall receive only one proxy on behalf of another member eligible to vote.